Monday, January 02, 2006

Horsy Widows with Money

Reporting from Columbus, OH. Workshopping new title for dispatches. Bought a tool belt, 20 oz hammer, utility knife, and tape measure for work tomorrow. Overheard couple in line at the checkout: "Id jooh earre bowt d Dale Jewnehr keys day maken' eere." I only purchesed the tools. It is likely that I will be on a window crew, working with my cousin and, perhaps, a real good ol' boy from Arkansas. Should be proper good time, with a pay check at the end of the week.

Looking for a new bicycle. Thinking about taking the single track route. Fucking hipsters and their piety. Still considering a sleek old racing number if I can wrangle one up at a family-friendly price. I do miss my old touring rig, but I am looking forward to getting my hands on a sleek new freedom machine when I put the loot toghther. Long and lean, nice and slim to dart through the traffic in the cold American night.

Got a postcard from Old Jake on Lopez Island. Jake used to fish on the Elaine B, but just doesn't have the gas for it these days. I learned quite a bit about the world, fishing and rambling wise, whilst smoking humps and cracking open cold Blue Ribbons with this old fishherman, now the Liquid Plummer of Lopez Island.

- Merry Christmas and thanks for all cards of your trips onth from fishing. I'm proud of how you pulled your weight last summer, with characters like Mike, Chuck and Joe. I'm broke as a bastard but may still go to Ireland and molest country girls, or English horsy widows with money or Thai indentured servants, or fat women here that need love. all the best, Jake. -

I get the blues, listen to the blues, KEXP style, via the googleverse and I think about the salad days of livin' life hobofabulous.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Aaron,

still enjoying yr blog. I rode my first alleycat race on new years eve! it was sweet. i loooooove columbus, im glad yr gonna be there. i considered moving there for a long time.. i think i told u that. if u can hop on over to chi town, theres a little haven called The Working Bikes Coop, its Workingbikes.org, youd prolly be able to find a pretty fine racing bike for cheap, they had some nice ones when i was there. but go fixed, its really the only way. ah, piety is great, isnt it? cheers,

~erica

5:43 PM  
Blogger Yonder Vittles said...

thanks for readin luv. hope to be in the chi soon to visit friends and dig the biker scene in town. i also plan to come out to old new york town and say hello some time in Jan. ciao, a.

6:21 PM  
Blogger hobofabby said...

Hey Aaron what the hell became of your Cadillac! I could ship you one of those 50lb mexican single speeds? You know all the hipsters thick frame glasses would fog up if they saw you on it man! ciao

God Damn that sucks about Guerneville...

11:33 AM  
Blogger Yonder Vittles said...

i still have trouble telling that story. had to peddle her on the front steps of the mexcity airport. 700 pesos. sad.

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home