Friday, December 30, 2005

Hope to See You Then

I am in Massillon at my parents' house walking through a dream. What I once thought was my home is now a distant land occupied by strangers. I walk about my own life as if it were a distant memory. Strange and savage, haunting and beautiful.

Tonight I will travel to Columbus. Attend a premiere at the Drexel. Laugh when the mood strikes me and leave when it is all over. My brother plays a cracker yokel in a movie about zombie racoons. I play an audience member. Drinks to follow. More family obligations through the weekend in Columbus.

After that it is difficult to say where the fates will take me. I have secured a job in Columbus doing demolition work on condemned inner-city apartment buildings. It is all very Good Will Hunting. I plan to spend the month of January reading the Brothers Karamazov and swinging a sledge hammer.

It is during this period where I hope to secure a Greyhound bus to Cincinnati, listen to some blugrass music at the Comet, and visit old friends. Hope to see you then.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope to see you then, also.

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home